This sophisticated but simple and reliable unit displays that the MAIN SWITCH is in ON position and remaining power to the batteries.
The indicator is in the form of 9 high intensity blue Led’s in a capsule placed in the rear part of the scooter body. The led capsule is fully water tight and can be easily seen by the diver.
When the diver is towing one or more scooter, the onset indicator can be spotted also by the diver's buddy that can fix the situation.
Please READ owner’s manual for XJt – battery gauge has some limitations when not using Li-ion upgrade in XJ14. Using the battery gauge with nimh battery only provides basic information that battery is connected and not capacity data!
The Battery Gauge of ERON Series works only with SUEX ORIGINAL BATTERIES that have the DRIVe System onboard.
High quality Li-ion batteries
CE and UN38.3 Certified for Transportation
Proprietary BMS control board with unique Suex Specs
Battery Charge LCD read out
High quality, multi-functional chargers
Battery Removal on the ADV is quick, simple and does not require any tools.
On Board DRIVe System :
With the DRIVE SYSTEM you will be able to receive on your ERON D1 dashboard :
- State of charge of the battery in %
- Actual remaining burntime in minutes based on current power consumption
- Battery state of charge data (SOC) tracked on the D1 and included as part of the dive log record for download or app viewing along with time, depth, temp
- Speed (coming soon with special nosecone)
- Distance (coming soon with special nosecone)
THE DRIVe SYSTEM WORKS WITH ORIGINAL SUEX BATTERY PACK ONLY!!
The Suex ADV Patented Fastening Device guarantees the perfect seal without fastening clips, screws, latches:
- The scooter is dramatically less prone to any entaglementThe scooter's body is homogeneus without holes, weldings, or others failure triggering points
- The risk of an accidental opening while dropping or retrieving the scooter into/from the water is almost zero making it possible dropping the ADV even from a moving boat or capable of being para dropped with suitable preparations.
This MAIN SAFETY DEVICE device allows an easy to operate immediate power supply interruption in any situation:
- additional scooter towing
- gas switch
- working failure
- Fully mechanical System : preventing power from reaching the motor; no electronics are used to control this switch.
- No need to remove or adjust the propeller (which is common among the competition) during a runaway or failed scooter. In order to stop the ADV simply engage the Main Switch.
- When OFF 100% avoids any accidental start of the unattended unit
- Machine directive compliant
The patented Suex PropLock system allows the diver to easily remove and replace the propeller (even while underwater) without tools and without holding multiple parts.
This allows the diver to quickly remove obstructions or entanglement while underwater.
The clutch's torque remains fixed.
The speed is electronically regulated adjusting the propeller's RPM with the following advantages:
fixed propeller pitch (thus permitting max propulsive performance)
higher propeller sturdiness (compared to variable pitch devices)
Apart from the main switch and the connector the SUEX ADVs has no other mechanical contact, neither reeds nor relais. This avoids :
- relay sticking
- non-working reed or fusion
Soft start system
This system starts the motor progressively
- eliminates abrupt starting, so it allows a better operating skill in narrow spaces
- eliminates starting electrical input peaks, thus pratically extending the battery autonomy
Once activated the system provides the battery-motor direct feed allowing the diver to use all the residual burntime of the scooter in the very unlikely case of an electronic board failure. - When the By-pass is activated the scooter can be controlled via the ON/OFF switch. - This system works ONLY with BRUSHED motors (like the Suex ADV) because they are capable of running without electronic controls.
NEW FOR 2016 – The By-Pass system is now standard on XJ37 and XK1 units. The By-Pass switch is now a metal design for added durability.
TRIM is the position the scooter has in the water.
A NEUTRAL TRIM means the scooter is perfectly horizontal in the water column.
A neutral trim is a must for the scooter diving that makes the dive safer and more comfortable.
The ADVs are supplied with neutral trim, i.e. it is perfectly horizontal in the water; by operating on the suggested screws we can achieve a prow (nose-down) or stern (nose-up) setting.
NO CHANGES FOR 2016
The transparent lid between the battery and motor compartment allows an immediate inspection of the motor compartment.
NEW FOR 2016 – The Easy Inspect is now available on the XJ14 and XJ37 units.
New Handle Design
NEW FOR 2016 – Upgraded handle design now standard on all new XJ14, XJ37 and XK1 units.
Driving Handle – upgraded ergonomic, rubber design is comfortable and can be adjust for right or left operation plus in-line position for towing or stowing. Position can be fixed if required by user. The wrist is in the ideal position and always relaxed, this is the main thing in the long run. The thumb is never used to activate the trigger because the main use of this finger is to provide the proper grip and control.
Trigger Linkage – simplified and now protected from damage or impact inside strut/leg. Linkage has been upgraded to machined (non-welded) design for added durability and smooth operation. Trigger is larger with increased surface area for easy operation.
Dual speed feature (XK1 ONLY) is upgraded with user option for top or bottom configuration including spacer option. Dual speed feature is useful for maintaining pace with team in high flow or restricted areas.
Auto pilot is upgraded with user option for top or bottom configuration and easily activated/deactivated with finger or thumb. Allows diver to set the scooter to run continuously for short or long periods of time BUT requires attention and proper training to operate safely.
Accessories mount is upgrade to include 2 inserts for T-Fix accessories. For example, diver can now use bottom timer AND compass for navigation and other accessories. Integrated tow cord attachment points for easy install. Non-operational handle (left side) now compact to eliminate entanglements and enhance hydrodynamics.
NBS - Neutral Buoyancy System
- SUEX ADVs arrive with perfect horizontal trim; they do not require time consuming or frustrating adjustments.
- SUEX ADVs are neutral in fresh water and are shipped with precisely molded weights designed to perfectly compensate the difference between fresh and salt water buoyancy
- SUEX adopts the RADIAL O-ring sealing that makes the scooter neutrally buoyant at any depth within the operative range because the scooter volume does not change at depth.
All scooters require a diver to re-balance the scooter when changing from fresh to salt water and vice versa.
With the SUEX ADVs these operations are very should be quick and easy for the diver thanks to the exclusive SUEX Ballast system.
NO CHANGE FOR 2016
SUEX ADVs are equipped with a specific Electrical and Heat Motor Protection from short circuiting, current overdraw and overheating.
The SUEX electronic motor driving system are engineered for the maximum quality, safety and performances :
- maximum current draw contol
- overheating protection
- double sensors for the start device (for the dual speed models)
- protection fuse
Nimh and Lithium powerd Suex DPVs are equipped with the Cut-off System.
The Cut-off cuts the voltage below a fixed limit volts in order to avoid damaging the pack in case of overdischarge during the use.
- is built in the battery pack
- It is fully automatic, that means there is no need to manual activation or deactivation
Each battery pack has to be used, maintained and regularly recharged according to its accompanying instruction.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Suex ADVs are compliant with the following regulations :
- Machinery Directive 2006/95/CE
- Electromagnetic Compatibility EMC 2014/30/EU
- UNI EN ISO 12100-1:2010
- UNI EN ISO 61000-6-4
- UNI EN ISO 61000-6-1
- CEI EN 60034-1
- CEI EN 60335-1
- UN 38.3 for Lithium Batteries Transportation